STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
The Local Organising Committee is pleased to announce the establishment of a program to support students to attend the Dioxin 2020 Symposium. The program aims at providing support to early-career scientists to attend and actively participate in an international event that will promote their professional development. For the successful applicants, registration fees will be waived (€300 as early bird or €400 as regular), and possibly an additional grant up to the amount of €400 in travel aid.
Applicants for Student Travel Grant must:
- Be a master of science or a Ph.D. student
- Submit an abstract as first author and intend to present a platform or poster presentation at the Dioxin 2020 Symposium
Students can apply for a Student Travel Grant during the abstract submission process. Failure to meet the deadline or follow instructions invalidates the application.
The application must include:
- Completed application form, including identification, resume/CV and statement of research goals and accomplishments by the applicant
- Proof of an active student status
- Abstract/short paper for an oral or a poster presentation
The deadline for application is the abstract submission deadline.
Members of the Local Organisation Committee evaluate and rank all applications, on the basis of the following criteria:
- Completeness and timeliness of the application package
- High scientific quality of the abstract
- Organization and presentation of applicant’s statement of goals and accomplishments
The number of awards will be limited by available funds (10 k€). If the number of meritorious applicants exceeds the available funds, selections will be made to ensure a diversity of winners, including fields of study, geography and gender.
Notification will be communicated along with the abstract notification of acceptance
Participation to the Pre-Dioxin 2020 Student Symposium on Saturday August 29th, 2020, as well as availability to volunteer at the Dioxin 2020 Symposium are encouraged but not mandatory.
Fees will be waived at the registration step. Possible additional travel aid may be paid in September 2020 after the annual meeting, either on the student personal account or hosting institution account as defined by the applicant’s research advisor.